Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Recipe Review: Grape Clafouti


 Recently, I found myself with a bounty of grapes (they were on sale, of course). I have a very limited repertoire of grape recipes: grapes in my lunch or this great lentil salad with grapes, apples, and walnuts. I did a little research and came across Heidi Fink's blog, Lip Smacking. She has a recipe for Coronation Grape Clafouti that I just had to try. (Here is a little more information on clafouti if you would like to know a bit more.)

I still can't get over how pretty this desert looked.

The ingredients are very simple:
  • butter (or in my case, nonstick cooking spray)
  • seedless grapes
  • eggs
  • sugar
  • flour
  • light cream (I used milk and it turned out just fine)
  • salt
  • vanilla
This was delicious and elegant! Z. the boyfriend was skeptical but eventually tried my clafouti and was won over. The grapes transformed into little warm globes of juice that burst in your mouth and the cake was light and not too custardy. I don't have a pie pan, so I used two small pyrex glass dishes. As an experiment, I put grapes into only one pan with just enough batter to reach the top of the little spheres. In the other pan, I poured the remaining batter. When baking, clafouti puffs up, creating two layers. Once the clafouti was cool, these two layers came together into a tasty treat. Enjoy and try this recipe!

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment