Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

I'm Back!


I'm back! I took a hiatus from the blog for several reasons. One reason: I felt self-conscious about what I could offer readers (sometimes the only way I had a recipe to share was to share my failure), my interests are eclectic, and my blog doesn't look or sound like some of my favorite writers. I realized I was taking myself way too seriously. I have given a lot of thought to what the blog has brought into my life and the reasons why I want to continue. Here's where my focus will be:
  • Recipes! I'm inspired to create again and have some ideas in mind. I have learned that I'm much more productive when I make myself share what I have created. For a time, I felt bad that my seasonal recipes always felt behind the times. For example, I have a few ideas for fresh basil to share and now the world is moving on to winter squash and farro. I'm just going to have to get over it.
  •  I'm also going to do a lot more recipe reviews. There are so many incredible cooks and ideas out there, I'd like to give more of them a chance. Let me know if you have any recommendations!
  • Photography. I took photos of my food because I thought that's just what I'd have to do to have a food blog. It was drudgery and still is but I have discovered the joy of photography and trying to hone one's craft. I will slowly share my work and glimpses of my adventures (the picture at the top is from my birthday trip to Monterey, California!).
  • Interviews. I have always wanted to include interviews since I started. I love learning about other people and their journeys, but again, felt too self-conscious to make the effort. By making myself put this into words, I am one step closer to making it happen.
As always...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment