Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Recipe Review: Chicken Paprikash


I have to admit I've had chicken paprikash one time and it was in a soup version. I really enjoyed the combination of tangy, creamy sauce with the smoky chicken. Having no idea where to start or what makes a good chicken paprikash, I decided to try the recipe for Chicken Paprikash from Annie's Eats. What drew me in was her warm and inviting photographs but what kept me browsing was her straightforward recipes. I found a few more I'd like to try, particularly the sweet potato scones with maple cinnamon butter and mushroom gouda quinoa bake.

Let's get back to what I did make. The ingredients were very simple and what you probably already have on hand:
  • chicken
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  • onion 
  • garlic
  • sweet paprika
  • flour
  • broth
  • can diced tomatoes
  • sour cream or Greek yogurt
  • noodles (or in my case, fettucine)
The recipe was very easy to put together, just a little sauteing and simmering. I repurposed some leftover roasted chicken letting it heat through in the sauce. The tomatoes added a nice layer of flavor to the tangy sour cream. Since it was just me, I had leftovers a few days in a row which kept just fine. Make this and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment