Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Recipe Review: Autumn Sweet Potato Soup


Source: The Shiksa in the Kitchen

No more pumpkin recipes for awhile! I do have one gorgeous buttercup squash that has been roasted and pureed in the freezer. I am going to hold on to it until I have a really special recipe to make with that squash. Before I get to my own recipes, I wanted to show you someone else's recipe I made and enjoyed recently. This is the first recipe I have made from this blog but it's one I read regularly!.

This soup requires just a short introduction. This soup is so yummy just the way it is that I followed the recipe exactly (sometimes that's hard for me). I thought adding peanut butter to a soup sounded crazy but it turned out to be delicious. The flavors of this soup, particularly the yams, ginger, tomato, and peanut butter inspired one of the best meals I have ever made. Check back to find out what I made that was so good!

P.S. I didn't have yams at the time so I used half a delicata squash and it was great.

Please see the link above for the full recipe. Here are some pictures of the ingredients (very simple!).

Garlic, onion, delicata squash, red chile, green chile

Peanut butter, diced tomatoes, and future vegetable stock

From top clockwise: cumin, ground ginger, garam masala (my one addition)

Finished soup, garnished with chopped peanuts!


No comments:

Post a Comment