Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

We're Still Here, I Promise!!!

Good morning, Friends!

I haven't forgotten about you! I even have been cooking lately and have a couple of recipes to share, I just have to write out the riveting and charming (I tell you, I'm not great at getting sarcasm across) commentary. If you are lacking Cheap not Frugal Eats commentary in your life, I have a Facebook page that has some stuff that hasn't been on the blog, it's just little thoughts here and there that I thought I would share.

These last two weeks have been the busiest I have had in months and months. Keep in mind that I live a privileged life where for the past while I only work when school is in session and then, only during the school day. I am usually in bed reading by 8:30 and lights out well before 10. So, having orchestra rehearsals for the past week that didn't get me home until 10:00 has been a little challenging and doing this thing called working. It's a little foreign to me.

The business wasn't the worse part. I have been having an anxiety problem. When I get nervous, my weird and uncomfortable mannerisms and quirks are exasperated. Z has sure been enjoying himself. First, there was the orchestra concert that we have been preparing for that by the way, was great. I was excited and nervous about how I would do that I was losing sleep over this thing for the two weeks prior, we were playing Shostakovich Symphony No. 5, after all. Even though I play in a section with at least nine other amazing people, I wanted to rock my part.

Plus, an organization that I volunteer for was having a huge fundraising event that I was a part of. It went wonderfully because there were so many wonderful and talented people working on it.

In the midst of all this, we were hosting a get-together for our friends at our place because two of them who moved away to Alaska - nothing against Alaska except that it's ridiculously far away - and the gang was going to be together for an evening. This was the good kind of anxiety and excitement. I exhaust myself when I get excited. It was awesomely fun and great to see them.

Then, the bit of news that has me the most nervous: my first holiday with Z's family and the first time meeting some of them, including his grandparents that he really likes. For the past month, I have been freaking out about what to make and bring, what will best show off my cooking skills but still be appetizing to the most people. If someone is having me over for dinner, I would like to be bring my hosts a small present, whether food or wine. I didn't think wine would be appropriate so it was food. Finally, I decided I make nothing that will last a five hour car ride that doesn't compete with the things Z's mom and grandma make. So, the food anxiety is gone but I've still been nervous about the holiday. I just want everyone to like me. On the other hand, I have been looking forward to this like nothing else. Family plus deep-fried turkey plus other yummy food plus getting to spend Thanksgiving with Z = I am excited beyond belief.

Have a safe and wonderful holiday and don't forget to enjoy your food as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment