Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Return to Roxy Dawgs

I made it back to Roxy Dawgs in Corvallis, Oregon! I still really like it. Here is a summary of my first visit to Roxy Dawgs. If you haven't been yet, Roxy Dawgs is a low-key place where you pick your sausage then top it yourself from the toppings bar. The first time I went, I had the Double Smoked Sausage (made with 20% bacon!). This visit I tried their namesake, the smoked Roxy brat. Their menu describes it as "A traditional Oktoberfest bratwurst filled with pork, beef, black pepper and garlic." I can understand why it's called the Smoked Roxy Brat. It's a pleasant, straightforward bratwurst. I went with my usual toppings of sauerkraut, red onions, mustard, and a couple of spicy peppers. There are lots of choices! For my lunch, I just had the sausage and a glass of water. This is the best deal for my frugal pocketbook.

Some of the other sausages you can choose from are : blonde bockwurst, a mild white bockwurst sausage; smoked kielbasa; Louisiana red hot, a beef sausage with three kinds of pepper; my favorite so far, the double smoked sausage, a pork sausage made with 20% bacon; frankfurter; chicken apple gouda; and a vegan dog. I am looking forward to my next tasty visit to Roxy Dawgs.

-Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment