Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Restaurant Review: Roxy Dawgs

Where: Roxy Dawgs (1425 NW Monroe) Corvallis
What: Sausages and Salads
Niceness of Staff: Very Nice (We appreciate nice staff!)
Rating: Super Tasty


I had no idea Roxy Dawgs existed until last night when Z. found a copy of the OSU student newspaper featuring a story on Roxy Dawgs. Z. made sure to take me their for lunch today. I had a great experience and look forward to returning.

For my first Roxy Dawg adventure, I had their lunch special for $5.95. I had a Double Smoked Sausage (made with bacon!) topped with sauerkraut, red onion, pepperoncini, and brown mustard that came with a soda and a small bag of Kettle Chips. Let me start with the most important part of this: the sausage. It tasted great! The menu mentions the sausages at Roxy Dawgs are made in Portland and they offer eleven different varieties, including a vegan sausage made with soy and wheat (if you're interested). The sausages I am looking forward to trying are the Blonde Bockwurst, Louisiana Red Hot (a beef sausage made with three kinds of peppers), and their Chicken Apple Gouda sausage. My guess is I will get the Double Smoked Sausage, again, it was that tasty. I loved that the sausages were cooked on a flat-top grill right in front. My sausage came very nicely browned (very appreciated on my end) to which I added my own toppings from their topping bar. Driving by the restaurant last night, it seemed like there wouldn't be much seating but there were more seats than I was expecting. When it's a little warmer, sitting outside at the picnic table will be very pleasant.

A couple of things that really clenched my appreciation of Roxy Dawgs were their attention to cleanliness, making sure the sausages were the correct temperature (yes, they used a thermometer), and they serve Dr. Pepper. If you enjoy sausage, definitely try Roxy Dawgs!

2 comments:

  1. Do they also serve Tofu Pups or Tofurkey Beer Brats? I may consider taking a trip to Corvallis (if I ever come back to Oregon) if they have vegetarian options...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their menu features a vegan dog. I don't know what brand.

    ReplyDelete