Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Oven-Roasted Vegetables



Before I made a pot of Root Vegetable and Quinoa Soup, I oven-roasted a turnip and rutabaga, which I enjoyed with plain couscous. When I was a kid my family had a small backyard garden. One year we decided to try planting a couple of new vegetables: turnips and kohlrabi. These vegetables flourished in our little garden! Not quite sure how to prepare them, someone thought to bake the turnips and kohlrabi with butter and seasoning. When I moved out, I discovered how wonderful turnips can be stir-fried and neglected the simple oven-roasted vegetable. I was nostalgic and I made this. Enjoy!

Turnips
Rutabagas

Turnips and rutabagas ready for the oven

Oven-Roasted Vegetables, Serves 2

1 turnip
1 rutabaga
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 
  2. Peel and dice vegetables.
  3. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. 
  4. Bake until tender, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment