Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Look What I Bought Today


I've had my eye on a display of small pumpkins for the last week debating. I bit the bullet and decided to buy one. I've never cooked with fresh pumpkin and thought I should try. That's what all the cool kids do. Right?

Holidays always make me think of my mom. She was the best at celebrating with us kids. Halloween was always fantastic! We decorated the house a month in advance with figurines and window hangings we used every year. I got to dress up as whatever I wanted. I think for three years, I was as I would say, "A lovely, lovely lady with a big butt". I had a pink costumey dress that made me think of Victorian ladies with their bustles. I would wear shorts underneath and pin two balloons to my bum. In fourth grade, while the class was quietly listening to a speaker (I have no idea why there was a guest on the day of our Halloween party!) one of my balloons popped! In the silence, that pop was deafening.

Come back soon to see what I do with fresh pumpkin and hear some cute stories that involve pumpkins from my childhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment