Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Recipe Review: Peperoni Ripieni con Tonno


Source: Lidia Bastianich on Cookstr


I have an abundance of sweet Italian peppers on hand. I've made plenty of pasta meals, scrambles, and stir-fries. I wanted to do something a little different with these once-a-year treats. 

I came across this recipe from Lidia Bastianich and made half the recipe since it was just for myself. The ingredients are very simple and pantry-friendly:
  • peppers
  • olive oil
  • salt
  • tuna
  • capers
  • vinegar
  • mustard
  • mayonnaise
  • fresh herbs

I made a few adjustments to suit what I had in my pantry. Instead of capers, I added green olives. I used to hate green olives; I still don't care for them on their own but green olives really do add a special briny touch. I had a few leaves of basil left so I used those, instead. These little rolls would make tasty appetizers but I had a plateful for dinner. Given them a try and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment