Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Few Recipes Revisited

I have not been doing much cooking lately, mostly just assembling and making old favorites. As much as I love to cook and talk about food all the time, I think Z. has been doing the bulk of the cooking. Let's examine this further. What have I cooked in the last two weeks? I did make Pasta with Kale and Chickpeas the other night for the two of us, while Z. made chana masala single-handedly for us and two guests last night after he came home from a long day at work. I even made him chop the onion. I contributed by acting as a well-behaved and charming hostess who made sub par tzatziki for a platter of raw veggies. What have I accomplished? I have perfected my granola recipe! I have made this three times since the original post.


I will dedicate a whole post just to the granola but let me just say, follow the earlier directions for the granola but only heat the oven to 350 degrees.

My other contributions to the culinary world has been several batches of Black Bean Salad and Bruschetta. I made bruschetta to celebrate my first purchase of Kirkland Signature balsamic vinegar. I changed things up in the black bean salad by adding corn. Our pantry is stocked with cans of corn so I just opened a can, drained it, and rinsed off the kernels before adding it to the rest of the ingredients. After I finished that salad, I made a version for Z. and I that was mango-free and used kidney beans instead of black beans (Z.'s idea, like every other good I idea I have). A great substitution!
Black Bean Salad with Corn

Kidney Bean Edition

No comments:

Post a Comment