Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Coupon Bystanders

I had a really funny experience Wednesday night at the store. I was standing in line and there was a really cute guy behind me. Not only was he cute, he was buying a package of filone bread. He has good taste! It's my turn and the checker is taking care of my order of four boxes of Ronzoni pasta. I have gone through this lady's line before so she wasn't surprised when my total came to zero. I loved watching Filone Man's face as the checker was scanning my coupons. He was so expressive! First the manufacturer coupons were scanned and he had this look of "Nice. Impressive." Then she took off the doubler. The look on his face was priceless when the total came to zero and I walked away without paying. He looked confused but I could see the wheels turning. Maybe he was trying to figure out how I did it. If he had spoken to me at all, I would have told him. I just giggled and smiled at him when I walked away. This is certainly not the first time that bystanders have entertained me, the awesome faces this person made stood out.

I'm not a total jerk. During the earlier grocery trip I had made, I told this really tall, grizzly guy about the deal after he very nicely fetched the pasta boxes off the top shelf that there was no way in the world I was going to be able to reach.

-Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment