Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Way to a Man's Heart: is Through his Stomach

It's true, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach (and it helps if he thinks you're pretty) and was reaffirmed tonight. The first time Z and I hung out, just the two of us, was after an orchestra concert, to have pie. If Z were telling the story, I kidnapped him with pie. That's a story for another time. That homemade pear pie totally helped me woo him (it would be months before we were even an item) and he remembers our time together very vividly. Recently, we celebrated five years together. By the way, the our celebratory bacon pizza is a future post. My present was going to be a homemade desert. I was thinking this would be a great time to try something new. When I asked what he would like, he wanted my pear pie.

I made the pie today! I can't remember the last time I made pear pie. It's a family recipe that did not come from my family. I was only given the recipe when I promised not to ever share it. If I can change it enough to claim some originality, I will share, until then, you'll just have to take my word for how good it is. Imagine a custardy filling with lots of little bits of pear with a slightly crunchy, sweet topping. To make this pie over the top, I decided homemade caramel sauce was in order. The sauce is amazing! Pear pie with caramel sauce is super awesome!!! I think I made Z love me just a little more tonight. Thank you pear pie!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, love this! Z was still raving about the pie at work on Monday! Good job Ace!!

    ReplyDelete