Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Cheap Tip Saturday 8/20

Coupon from Starbucks for a free birthday drink!

Cheap Tip: Use a registered Starbucks gift card.

Enjoy Starbucks? I do too, occasionally, and I make those purchases count as much as possible. I do this by paying for my coffee with a registered gift card. I originally was given the gift card as a present and after spending all the gift money, I reload money to card using the Starbucks website. You earn 1 Starbucks star with each purchase paid for by a registered Starbucks gift card.  Let me breakdown the benefits of using a registered Starbucks gift card and what those stars mean:
  • Earn 30 stars and you are rewarded with a coupon for a free beverage of your choice. Yes, of your choice!
  • After earning 30 stars, you are sent a gold Starbucks card. This is a very snazzy looking gift card. I have to admit, I am mildly jealous of Z.'s gold card. And, once you have earned the gold card, you only need to accumulate 15 stars to earn a free drink.
  • You are sent a coupon for a free beverage to celebrate your birthday. I would never pay $5 for a cup of coffee but I certainly enjoyed celebrating with a venti coconut mocha with whipped cream and caramel drizzle.
  • During your visit, you may receive free brewed coffee or tea refills.
  • Free selected syrups and milk choices
  • Purchase 1 pound of whole beans using your registered card, you will receive tall beverage of your choice. Remember, on most packages of Starbucks coffee, there is a promotion where you can bring in your empty bag and receive a free cup of brewed coffee.
  • Log into the Starbucks rewards website and you can easily load more money to your gift card, register a new card, or see how many stars you have accumulated.
Here is a little more information about the program and here is where you go to register your card. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment