Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Simple Sammies and Other Goodies


If you have never had Tillamook Vintage White Medium Cheddar, the Tillamook cheese in the dark blue package, you are seriously missing out. This cheese is velvety with a nice cheddar kick. Our favorite way to enjoy this cheese is what we call Simple Sammies. I apologize my humble picture does not do justice to the deliciousness of this sandwich.


Simple Sammies
  1. Slice some Tillamook Vintage White Medium Cheddar cheese. Let come up to room temperature. 
  2. Slice some nice rolls. I suggest the hoagie rolls from the Fred Meyer bakery.
  3. Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on both cut sides of the bread, top with cheese, and season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Enjoy!

We had some fresh basil from the farmer's market so we added a few fresh basil to our sandwiches. Oh my goodness, this was so heavenly we had these sandwiches for dinner two nights in a row.

I thought I would share the snack/breakfast I have been enjoying every day for the last two weeks. I cannot even think of a name. Z. refers them as my weird banana tortilla things, but that does not quite roll of the tongue. How about Peanut Butter and Banana Tortilla Sandwich?





Peanut Butter and Banana Tortilla Sandwich

1-2 whole grain tortillas
peanut butter
1/2-1 banana, sliced *
  1. Preheat skillet over medium-low to medium heat.
  2. Spread 1 tablespoon or 2 tablespoons if a large tortilla over 1/2 of the tortilla.
  3. Arrange sliced bananas over peanut butter.
  4. Fold uncovered side of tortilla over banana and peanut butter and press gently.
  5. Place tortilla in skillet and let warm gently, 2-3 minutes per side.
  6. Cut in half for easier eating. Be careful. The peanut butter will be melted and warm. Enjoy!
* I have small tortillas that require 1/2 banana to cover. If you have extra banana, place in a tupperware and refrigerate and enjoy at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment