Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Eggs, Part 3: Scramble Variations

I have tried many variations of scrambles, using what is fresh in my refrigerator. Some versions have been more successful than others. For instance, turnip is delicious in stir-fry but not so great in a scramble. Butternut squash is another veggie I wouldn't suggest.

In Eggs, Part 2: Scramble, I promised that I would reveal my favorite scramble ingredient. Fresh green beans have become one of my favorite scramble ingredients. There is just something between the fresh, crispness of the green bean that goes really well with the flavor of eggs.

Here are a few variations I have made:

A take on my standard with the addition of kale.

Green scramble: onion, green beans, and spinach

Truly using what is in the refrigerator: onion, peppers, green beans, acorn squash, radish

Onion, green bean, and broccoli
What are your favorite variations of the scramble or omelet?

No comments:

Post a Comment